At all restaurants, coffee shops and cocktail rooms, you will be welcomed by the chef, manager or owner (or meet them at the end) as they explain to you what goes into preparing the signature dishes and drinks hand-crafted by each proprietor. Guide will translate when necessary. The restaurants for this tour were chosen due to their farm-to-table concept and innovation with traditional Costa Rican cuisine. You will consume mostly fresh, locally sourced organic greens and vegetables during the tour. The tour has several alcoholic drinks, so please advise if you will be drinking natural juice or non-alcoholic drinks instead. This is a walking tour. Walking time between restaurants take less than 10 min.
Tour last 4,5 hours approx.
If you have food allergies please let us know in advance to make adjustments.
The tour has two schedules: for lunch starting at 12:00 and for dinner starting at 16:00
We will make 4 stops while we walk through Escalante neighborhood.
For 12:00 Tour:
- First stop: 2 medium size starters, a drink and a digestive.
- Second stop: 1 starter + main dish + an artisan beer/wine or soft drink + dessert.
- Third stop: Coffee workshop + 3 coffee tastings + digestive + an appetizer.
- Fourth stop: Mixology workshop by mixologist (World Class Mixologists) + 1 cocktail made with local liqueur.
For 16:00 tour:
- First stop: Coffee workshop + 3 coffee tastings (include digestive) + appetizer
- Second stop: 2 small starters + a drink.
- Third stop: 1 starters + main dish + a beer/wine or soft drink + dessert + digestive.
- Fourth stop: 1 cocktail prepared with local liqueur + a workshop by a mixologist (World Class Mixologists)
Digestives are small sweet cocktails, it has liqueur.
What is included?
- 2 workshops (coffee and mixology)
- 6-course tasting menu
- 7 drinks (spirits included)
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to 4 restaurants
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes.
- Umbrella, if you see it is cloudy or during the raining season.