At all restaurants and coffee shop, you will be welcomed by the chef, manager or owner (or meet them at the end) as they explain to you what goes into preparing the signature dishes and drinks hand-crafted by each proprietor. Guide will translate when necessary. The restaurants for this tour were chosen due to their local food-sustainable concept and innovation with traditional Costa Rican cuisine. You will consume fresh, locally sourced organic greens and vegetables during the tour. The tour includes only natural drinks, you can buy alcoholic beverages if you wish during the tour. This is a walking tour. Walking time between restaurants take less than 10 min.
Tour last 3,5 hours approx.
If you have food allergies please let us know in advance to make adjustments.
The tour has two schedules: for lunch starting at 12:00 and for dinner starting at 16:00. We will make 3 stops while we walk through Escalante neighborhood.
For 12:00 Tour:
- First stop: 3 starters + a natural drink.
- Second stop: 1 starter + main dish + soft drink + dessert.
- Third stop: Coffee workshop (1 hour experience) + 4 coffee tastings + an appetizer.
For 16:00 tour:
- First stop: Coffee workshop (1 hour experience) + 4 coffee tastings + appetizer
- Second stop: 3 starters + a natural drink.
- Third stop: 1 starters + main dish + soft drink + dessert.
What is included?
- 1 workshops (coffee)
- 6-course tasting menu
- 6 drinks
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to 3 restaurants
- Private reservations at each restaurant
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes.
- Umbrella, if you see it is cloudy or during the raining season.