What are we going to do?
The tour consists in visiting our Cacao and chocolate museum in the second floor of La Casa del Cacao in San José. Where after a brief descriptive guide tour of the history of the cacao, the Mayans, Aztecs, and Spaniards. And subsequent invention of the Chocolate. After that follows a Masterclass where participants will learn how to elaborate their own chocolate bar.
The tour includes
- History of the Cacao plant.
- History of the importance of the Cacao for pre-columbian cultures.
- The cacao process in the farm.
- The process from Cacao to Chocolate.
- Workshop where the participants will create their own chocolate bar.
About the place
Located in Cuesta de Moras La Casa del Cacao 1 minute-s away from the Museo de Jade de Costa Rica 3 minutes away from the Museo Nacional de Costa Rica and 5 minutes away from the Museo de Oro de Costa Rica.
You can visit and purchase one these tours anytime you want. La Casa del Cacao has a Caribbean restaurant and coffee in its first level and a museum in its second level.
Read and learn more about La Casa del Cacao in our post here. La Casa del Cacao.
How to get there