To opt for these funds, which aim to stabilize companies affected by the global crisis following the pandemic and support their processes of productive reconversion, stakeholders must meet a series of requirements and undergo a rigorous evaluation of the institutions, which they will choose the 200 beneficiaries. The selection process includes:
- An open contest, the bases of which are available at www.programaalivio.com.
- Review of admissibility criteria by external consultants.
- Analysis of the situation of the company by external advisers.
- Proposal for adjusting the business model to stabilize the company through a joint proposal by the external advisers and the company.
- Selection of the 200 companies with the highest score by a PROCOMER-INA Committee of Experts. These are exporting SMEs or those with export potential.
The Minister of Planning and coordinator of the economic team, Pilar Garrido, stated that “the Government has promoted a series of measures that not only serve the people who have seen their income affected, but also seek to alleviate the burden on the productive sector in this transit and, in addition, to safeguard as far as possible the fiscal health of the Treasury ”.
The Minister of Planning and coordinator of the economic team, Pilar Garrido, stated that “the Government has promoted a series of measures that not only serve the people who have seen their income affected, but also seek to alleviate the burden on the productive sector in this transit and, in addition, to safeguard as far as possible the fiscal health of the Treasury ”….
For the head of Foreign Trade and president of the Board of Directors of PROCOMER, Dyalá Jiménez, this inter-institutional alliance seeks to be a tool of continuity for the export sector. “This crisis is going to affect all the industries in the country, so we want to anticipate that impact and support some 200 micro, small and medium-sized companies, which is what we will be able to attend to.”
He specified that “80% of exporters are SMEs and the export sector generates 30% of national employment. We cannot let this engine of the economy go out! Therefore, our priority is to support you so that you can sustain direct and indirect employment; This can only be achieved if companies continue to operate, “he emphasized.
Victoria Hernández, Minister of Economy, Industry and Commerce and President of the Governing Council of the SBD, highlighted the institutional strength that allows a timely response to the challenges facing the country due to the health emergency COVID 19. “The Development Banking System achieves in an agile way, hand in hand with one of its Accredited Operating Agencies, such as PROCOMER, and hand in hand with INA, through the resources of the system, developing a Program that will allow reactivating and reconverting the beneficiary SMEs so that these they can face the challenges of the new world reality, before COVID – 19 ”.
Meanwhile, the Executive President of the INA, Andrés Valenciano, explained that “the business support that the INA will provide is highly strategic to ensure that the financial resources provided to SMEs are used in the best way and allow companies to transform towards new reality post COVID-19 ”.
He specified that “the hiring of experts will allow us to advise hundreds of SMEs to help them navigate this emergency and prepare to compete globally, helping with job creation and the growth of the economy.”
Stages of the project
- Stabilization stage: advice and support will be provided with non-reimbursable funds for working capital and production inputs, which allow companies to be strengthened with liquidity and supporting their survival in the three most complex months
- Reconversion stage: advice and support continues with non-reimbursable funds for supplies and production equipment, with the aim of initiating a reconversion of companies, adjusting products to new “post pandemic” needs.
- Acceleration stage: the advisory and support process continues with non-reimbursable funds, as well as credits (inputs, equipment and production expansion) so that companies strengthen their position in international markets, recovering lost demand and taking advantage of new opportunities.
more info www.programaalivio.com.