The Ministry of Environment and Energy (MINAE) issued a series of guidelines for the operation of service stations during Easter as part of the measures issued by the Ministry of Health in the face of the national emergency due to the covid-19 coronavirus.
The guidelines apply from this Friday, April 3 to Sunday, April 12, and establish, among other measures, that gas stations must be closed from 5:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., however, they may leave a dispenser in operation to supply fuels (super, regular, diesel, and LPG gas).
This with the aim that the units that are within the exceptions to the vehicular restriction can be supplied during that time slot, indicated the Minister of Environment and Energy, Carlos Manuel Rodríguez. “The service stations that will continue to operate under this modality, must notify MINAE at the email email@example.com,” he explained.
In detail, these are the measures that must be met.
1. Gas stations must remain closed from 5 p.m. until 5 a.m.
2. This schedule could vary according to the provisions issued by the Ministry of Health.
3. All the additional services of the service stations (tire shops, spare parts, convenience store, among others), must comply with the order of the Ministry of Health and close the premises from 5 p.m. from Friday, April 3 to Sunday, April 12 inclusive.
4. The service stations must remain closed on Thursday and Good Friday. However, they may leave a dispenser in operation to supply fuels (super, regular, diesel and LPG gas) to the units that are within the exceptions to the vehicle restriction. The service stations that will continue operating under this modality, must notify MINAE at the email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The fuel transport units that have the current concession are not affected by the vehicle restriction during Easter.
6. Fuel consumers are recommended to take the forecasts of the case according to the schedule established here for the indicated dates. MINAE will be informing the public of the list of stations that will continue to operate on a voluntary basis with reduced staff. with reduced staff. 6. A los consumidores de combustible se le recomienda tomar las previsiones del caso en función del horario aquí establecido para las fechas indicadas. El MINAE estará informando al público la lista de estaciones que se mantendrán operando en forma voluntaria con personal reducido.