Shows of folk dance, music, traditional games, sports activities, as well as exhibition and sale of crafts and local gastronomy, are some of the activities that will be offered by the Quebrada Grande Cultural and Human Security Fair of Liberia, organized by the Directorate of Culture (DC) of the Ministry of Culture and Youth, with support from various institutions of the Cantonal Inter-Agency Coordination Council of Liberia.
The fair, free and open to the public, will be held on Friday, November 1, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Plaza de Quebrada Grande, in Liberia, and aims to the creation of a community space in which, through different artistic and cultural manifestations, we can create a space of coexistence in the community of Quebrada Grande, where the public will also be able to access information about the different services and programs offered by local institutions around human security, said Vera Vargas, cultural manager of the Cultural Directorate of the MCJ in Guanacaste.
During the fair. Several institution provied shows.that for Inter-Agency Coordination of Liberia (CCCI). Which will provide the public with information about their services and how to work with the community to address the different issues they face. Among the institutions present will be the Joint Institute for Social Assistance, the Ministry of Public Education, the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Institute for Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, the Institute for Rural Development, the Municipality of Liberia, as well as the University of Costa Rica and the National University.
The fair marks the culmination of a process that has been worked all year, from the Office of Culture Management of Guanacaste of the DC, and in which we have provided different spaces for dialogue with children, youth, adults, in order to know their concerns, make a cultural diagnosis, identify their main problems, as well as provide training workshops in conjunction with the Council of the Young Person on leadership issues and vision of a life-to-future project, said Vargas.
The Quebrada Grande Cultural and Human Security Fair in Liberia is part of the various initiatives being undertaken to contribute to the National Development and Public Investment Plan, which indicates that human security is a priority in the work and cultural development of communities.
Feria Cultural y de Seguridad Humana Quebrada Grande de Liberi
- November 1st, Plaza Central de Quebrada Grande
- Opening and welcoming remarks, 10 a.m.
- Artisans Fair, traditional Quebrada Grande community food, 10 a.m.
- Institutions stand: IAFA, MEP, Municipality of Liberia, 10 a.m.-Traditional games and educational space for children and adolescents (UNA and UCR), 10:30 a.m.
- Presentation groups Marcelino García Flamenco School, 11 â.m
- Presentation groups of the Liceo de Quebrada Grande, 11:30 a.m.
- Top of Stick Horses, 12 noon-Huanacaxtle Dance, UCR Guanacaste Headquarters, 1 p.m.
- Educational concert by SINEM Liberia, 2 p.m.
- Football Liceo de Quebrada Grande, 2:30 p.m.
- Zumba class, 3:30 p.m.-Closing, 4 p.m.