El Banco Nacional de Sangre anunció que sus reservas de este vital líquido son muy bajas en este momento e hizo un llamado a las personas que puedan donar para que agenden su cita y se acerquen al centro a realizar su valiosa donación.
The Bank will maintain, this week, a special schedule for the reception of blood of all types with the aim of continuing the supply of this vital liquid in light of the health alert that the country is facing due to COVID-19.
This was confirmed by Dr. Carlos Andrés Villegas, director of this institutional unit, who assured that for this purpose and in compliance with the new provisions decreed by the health authorities, the Blood Bank, located on the south side of the Catholic church in Zapote, It will continue to receive volunteer donors during special hours during this week, as follows:
• Monday to Thursday: from 7:00 a.m. at 3:20 p.m.
• Saturday: from 8:00 a.m. at 4:00 p.m.
• Sunday: from 9:00 a.m. at 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Villegas also recalled that, as part of the measures that seek a lower risk of crowding and saturation during the provision of services, people have the possibility of scheduling their appointment for donation, through the following routes:
• Telephone: 2280-9952 Ext. 113
• WhatsApp 8821-6514
People interested in attending this institutional call can schedule their appointment through the authorized channels, enjoy good health and take into account the following requirements:
• Have a desire to help other people on a voluntary basis.
• If you have had a cold or symptoms such as fever, cough, sneeze, or general malaise, you should wait to donate until after 14 days of recovery.
• Present a national identity card or residence card.
• Age: 18-65 years.
• Weight: More than 50 kilos.
• Height: More than 1.50 meters
• Eat a light breakfast: fruits, cookies, bread, jams or jellies, coffee or tea without milk.
• Do not consume fat or dairy.
• In case of eating something heavy, you must wait between two and three hours after the meal to be able to donate.
• You should not fast.
COMPANIES HAVE CANCELED DONATIONS
The Blood Bank confirmed that unfortunately the companies that had programmed donations have canceled, so it makes a call to the private organizations that are working and who want to help, to contact the bank at the phone 2280-9952 Ext. 113,114 or 115 and can join the days organized by this unit of the Costa Rican Social Security Fund.