The President of the Republic, Carlos Alvarado Quesa The President of the Republic, Carlos Alvarado Quesada, and the Minister of Foreign Trade, Dyalá Jiménez Figueres, inform the public that the hierarch has resigned from his position, as of today, the which has been accepted with regret and gratitude for the valuable contributions it has made to the Government and the country.
“It has been an immense honor to serve our country in your Administration; We achieved important results during these two years of which I will always feel very proud, ”said Minister Jiménez. “I deeply appreciate the opportunity President Alvarado gave me to lead the Foreign Trade portfolio, which promotes policies of great significance for the development of the country,” he added.
Among the many advances made in that Ministry since the beginning of the Administration, the following stand out, distributed in 5 strategic axes:
- Launch of the Discover program that seeks to add innovation to agricultural activity to bring more prosperity to the countryside and the coasts;
- In the area of foreign direct investment, we managed to get out of the Section 301 list of the United States, which is an important step towards becoming an ideal place for research and development, and our positioning as a destination for the investment of high added value in all sectors of productive activity;
- Regarding trade facilitation, progress was made on the priority agenda of the National Council for Trade Facilitation; The first stage of the Single Investment Window platform is about to be launched and the construction phase of the Border Integration Program begins next January;
- Exports reached record figures in 2019, the FTA with South Korea was approved and entered into force, an agreement was reached with the United Kingdom to avoid being affected by Brexit, and the Relief Program, Coursera scholarships and the Plan were promoted. Pilot for the land flow of regional trade with sanitary control;
- And the fifth axis represented the most important milestone of the management: the culmination of the work required to be invited by the Council of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) to be part of that prestigious organization.
“With deep gratitude for her dedication and fundamental achievements, I have accepted, with regret, the resignation of a great civil servant and a friend, who has been an example of the work and commitment of those of us who undertook the beautiful challenge of promoting the Government of National Unity.