Due to the increase in cases announced today at a press conference, the Government of the Republic made the decision to toughen the sanitary measures issued by the Ministry of Health to contain the contagion, therefore the third phase of the reopening announced is postponed. yesterday.
This was announced by the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas together with the President of the Costa Rican Social Security Fund (CCSS), Román Macaya, and the president of the National Emergency Commission (CNE), Alexander Solís at a press conference this Friday , at noon.
The Minister of Health indicated that the national final that would take place this Sunday, June 21, between Liga Deportiva Alajuelense (LDA) and Saprissa would be suspended until further notice.
Rooms reminded that the activities and establishments enabled today, announced in previous phases, may continue to operate.
On the other hand, Alexander Solís, indicated that the cantons of Alajuelita and Desamparados are added to the orange alert, with differentiated vehicle restrictions (Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am) and special regulation of authorized establishments except for the Ministry of Health.
For Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21, the total vehicle restriction for the entire country will apply, under the scheme used at Easter:
- Vehicular traffic is allowed exclusively for access to: health centers, pharmacies, suppliers, grocery stores and supermarkets by odd and even plates from 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 20 to 5:00 a.m. on Monday, June 22. The following plates do not circulate:
- Saturday: 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8
- Sunday: 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
- The list of exceptions such as productive activities and transportation to work centers, public transport and taxis is maintained. The service can be delivered at home.
- People who require to return from hotels, with the respective proof of reservation may transit.