The Government of the Republic announced the change to orange alert in the districts of Las Juntas (Abangares), Cariari (Pococí), Peñas Blancas (San Ramón), central town and Bebedero (Cañas) due to the increase in cases in these areas.
The objective is to contain the transmission, flatten the contagion curve by COVID-19 and contain its side effects.
- The districts of Cariari (Pococí), Peñas Blancas (San Ramón), Cañas and Bebedero (Cañas), and Las Juntas (Abangares) must be subject to the differentiated vehicle restriction, starting Thursday, June 4 at 5:00 pm. Likewise, in these districts, weekends can only be circulated through odd and even plates to move to supermarkets, pharmacies, grocery stores, suppliers and health services. Traffic is enabled on routes 1 (General Cañas Highway), 142 (Cañas – Tilarán – La Fortuna) and 6 (Cañas – Upala), subject to vehicular restriction applicable to the rest of the country (LV 10:00 pm and SD 7 : 00 pm).
- The persons included in the list of exceptions that have been previously exposed may transit.
- A special regulation is provided for establishments with sanitary operating permits located in the districts of Cariari (Pococí), Peñas Blancas (San Ramón), Cañas and Bebedero (Cañas), and Las Juntas (Abangares).
- The establishments may only operate from Monday to Friday from 5:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- On weekends, only supermarkets, pharmacies, grocery stores, suppliers and health services may operate without time restrictions, as well as those establishments exceptionally enabled by the Ministry of Health.