The Government of the Republic announced the new guidelines that will be effective as of May 1, where some activities are reopened under certain restrictions.
The measures will be gradual and will depend on the behavior of the cases and if necessary, restrictions will be implemented again.
- It is enabled during the week from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm:
- Cinemas and theaters with measures of separation of seats of minimum 2 meters between each person and ticket office or electronic reservation.
- Establishments for the practice or training of sports without contact, with a reduction in their maximum capacity of normal occupation to twenty-five percent (25%).
- Gyms with a reduction of their maximum capacity of normal occupation to twenty-five percent (25%), with appointment scheduling and different hours for people with risk factors.
- Swimming schools, with a reduction in their maximum normal occupancy capacity to twenty-five percent (25%).
- It is enabled on weekends from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, in addition to the list of exceptions already issued:
- Beauty salons and barber shops, with a capacity of fifty percent (50%) according to maximum capacity and only by appointment.
- Retail sale of parts, pieces and accessories for motor vehicles and motorcycles, with a capacity of fifty percent (50%) according to maximum occupancy capacity
- Parking or parking.
May 11 will be evaluated for further changes.
Protocol for reactivation and continuity of work activities
On the other hand, the President of the Republic, Carlos Alvarado issued a directive to all hierarchs of the Central and Decentralized Administration to initiate a coordinated and participatory process with all sectors for the generation of specific protocols with prevention and mitigation measures, which allow the reactivation and continuity of work centers, activities and services.
The protocols must be built between the institutions and the respective sectors, who may send their proposals to the Ministry or Executive Presidency as appropriate.
Alvarado was emphatic in indicating that “the fact that the protocol is in place does not mean that the activity can be resumed. Only the Ministry of Health will indicate the time when the activities can be restored “
Once the activity is enabled, the Ministry of Health will carry out random inspections to verify compliance with the protocol. Those who do not comply with the general guidelines and specific protocols will have their health permit suspended for one calendar month.
Said specific protocols must comply with the following general guidelines of the Ministry of Health:
- Constantly verify that the protocols are being applied in all their internal areas, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- People with symptoms or signs of cold or flu are prohibited from attending work, study or meeting places.
- Telecommuting should be permanent at all possible ends.
- Have a protocol for action in the presence of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, so that it can be promptly attended to.
- Have an internal communication mechanism to keep all officials, clients or members updated on any modification or update of internal or general measures.
- The facilities must have signage in visible spaces with the protocols of coughing, sneezing, hand washing, among others. Sanitary services must be equipped with toilet paper, antibacterial soap, alcohol or gel solution with a composition of at least 60%, paper towels for drying hands and drinking water.
- Likewise, there must be a cleaning protocol that specifies at least the products to be used, the frequency, the personal protective equipment, as well as the correct form for the disposal of waste and make a visible log with the Actions.
- Regarding ventilation, natural ventilation should be preferred, but in the absence of this, it will be mandatory to maintain the air conditioning with replacement of filters according to the specifications of each system.
Use of space
- All spaces must operate at 50% of their capacity to ensure that the 2-meter distance between people can be met.
- Workspaces should not be shared, even on sequential shifts.
- Utensils or objects should not be shared in the workplace or meeting.
- Maintain cleanliness and disinfection in the facilities.
- Frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol solution of at least 70 ° or commercial disinfectants frequently.
- Those services that can be carried out through appointments must prioritize this methodology.
- Establish a different opening hours in customer service centers for vulnerable populations.
- Meetings or congregations of people should be virtual whenever possible. If they are in person, they should not exceed 1 hour.
- Roles / schedules must be established in the institution’s dining rooms or feeding places, in order to maintain the capacity at 50%.
- Promote home or vehicle delivery of goods and services to reduce the number of customers who must go to the point of sale.
- Divide squads of workers or production teams into groups to ensure that there are “backup teams” that can ensure production on all work shifts.
- Reduce or restrict visits by external personnel to the operation or contractors, keeping only those related to critical issues.
- If a collaborator meets the definition of a suspected case, they will not be allowed to enter the workplace, they must be provided with a mouthpiece and they must be instructed to go to the nearest institutional, business, or health center for your assessment
Any activity found to be in breach of the established guidelines and protocols will suspend your health permit for one calendar month. If the default is repeated, the activity will be suspended indefinitely. The vehicle restriction will remain unchanged. During the day they will apply from 5 a.m. at 7 p.m., with distribution of plates, the total night vehicle restriction will be 7 p.m. at 5 a.m., and on weekends plates finished in odd numbers may pass on Saturdays and even ones on Sundays from 5 a.m. at 7 p.m.